Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cars Themed Intarsia Piece, Post 1

Ok, so one of Lilly's teachers asked me to make her a Cars themed intarsia piece for her grandson.  Now, seeing that Lilly is an expert on that little Pixar gem, I have a live in critic!!

The entire piece is made out of  poplar.  If I had known it was just going to be sealed, I would have made it out of maple or some other nice looking wood.

This is "Tow Mater" glued up and waiting.  I would have put some more step by step photos in here, but eh, I started the blog after Mater was in progress.

At this stage he is just glued together.  No finish sanding as of yet to smooth out the edges and no finish on the wood whatsoever.


If you look closely, you can see that my quality control department was eating a jelly sandwich at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment